Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Listen to what I got in the mail...

...Or I guess READ what I got in the mail (duh) on a lame excuse for an index card:

Dear Your Girl,

You are an official prizewinner in our new Mercedes, BMW, Porsche or $40,000 cash promotion. We have been unable to contact you, therefore, in compliance with the program regulations, this notice is being forwarded to your attention.

We are holding your choice of a luxury 4-day Royal Caribbean Cruise for two with meals and entertainment included, value $1,398 or pre-paid round trip airfare and two nights accommodations for two to your choice of Las Vegas/Orlando, value $1,250, plus one of the four guaranteed prizes: a new Mercedes Benz M-Class, BMW X5, Porsche Cayenne or $40,000 cash, a $1,500 shopping spree, exotic island adventure, $806 value or $500 cash. To avoid forfeiting your status as a recipient, please call toll free at 1-888-325-XXXX within 72 hours, M-F 9:00am until 8:00pm and Sat. 9:00am until 6:00pm CST and arrange for a time for you and your spouse to visit and claim your prizes. There is no obligation to purchase anything. You are guaranteed to receive your prize and gift immediately, in accordance with your sweepstakes claim letter, dated 8/25/2006.

Sincerely,
Susan Murray, Awards Director
THE ADVERTISING MATERIAL IS BEING USED FOR THE PURPOSE OF SOLICITING TIMESHARE SALES
THE COMPLETE OFFERING TERMS ARE IN AN OFFERING PLAN AVAILABLE FROM THE SPONSOR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What exactly am I supposed to be thinking? While you noodle that, here's what I am thinking:
  • In exactly what ways have they been trying to contact me that has been giving them so much trouble? I check my e-mail like a fiend and definitely have not received anything in the mail. Granted, I do screen my phone calls, but I haven't received very many unknown ones lately. Hmmmm

  • They've worded this just confusingly enough that I've had to read it several times to understand exactly what they're offering. I think it's a ploy...because the more I read, the more I picture me and LC with tropical cocktails in hand laying on the beach ditching meetings with salespeople trying to get us to actually pay for future trips.

  • I don't like when the only way for me to communicate with you is by phone. Options would be nice...like e-mail...that way I don't have to get drawn into a longwinded sales pitch and waste my cell phone minutes. But I guess I don't want spam either, so never mind.

  • Should I call?

2 souls spinning:

At 10:55 AM, September 14, 2006, Blogger Bridgette's Odyssey said...

Well, whether or not you call depends on what you feel like dealing with. Yes, they're going to try and try to sell you a timeshare. They'll tell you the sales pitch will last 1 hour and then 4 hours and 10 salespeople later you'll finally be able to leave. But, on the other hand, they usually do give you nice perks just for listening to the pitch. I've been there twice (the 2nd time by accident) and have promised myself to never again subject myself to such time-wasting crap. Or, if you are interested in buying a timeshare then this may be the thing for you...

 
At 4:01 PM, September 21, 2006, Blogger inciquay said...

it's true, listening to the pitch sucks but the perks usually do pan out. I don't know about a new beemer but...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home