Saturday, August 19, 2006

My secret gift

I'm home on a Saturday night enjoying my lovely apartment and relishing the money that is staying in my pocket.

So *honey's* birthday falls two weeks before mine and both special days are approaching fast. Yesterday he challenges me with giving him a creative gift. As in, I'm not allowed to buy something I think he'll like, stick in a box and hand it to him. I have to be more creative than that. I can spend money, but only on props for the gift I'll "do" and not "give"... but no money for a gift itself.

With this news he tells me that he knows EXACTLY what he's doing for me (and the same creativity rules apply). First thoughts? No fair! But after a little roommate brainstorming I have come up with the perfect gift. Only thing I'm worried about is trumping him because his birthday is before mine. Oh well, he'll have to deal. At least he has a couple of weeks to tweak his plan if I totally blow him out of the water. Which I definitely plan to do!!

I haven't been this excited to turning a year older since September 15, 2001.

Come on, 26!

3 souls spinning:

At 6:33 PM, August 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess what? My son is due on your birthday. No offense, but I'm really hoping he comes sooner. I am sooooo tired of being pregnant.

 
At 10:34 PM, August 21, 2006, Blogger Your Girl said...

bgibson: I LOVE IT!!!! It was totally meant to be! I knew I liked him and he's not even here yet. Hold on sister, Sept 16 is almost here!

TWG: I think the creativity gift is the perfect idea. It reminds me of how much I care instead of how much I can afford. But I will say that I can't help but think about what he's going to get me. I'm giddy with excitement because I know it will be from his heart. And that makes mine flutter.

 
At 7:54 PM, August 23, 2006, Blogger Your Girl said...

I will totally let you in on the scoop. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home