Tuesday, September 12, 2006

City Adventures

Yesterday was my last day on the old job. It's strange to think that I'll never return to that office and never have that e-mail address again (at least not for a LONG while). For some reason I didn't really feel that sad about leaving...the move from Atlanta was definitely more emotional and I'm definitely more excited about starting the new gig than I am about leaving the old one.

Since I'll leave next Wednesday for a week at home in Atlanta, I'm only taking one day off between jobs. So while everyone else was slaving away at work today, I had to figure out what to do with myself. I picked my two favorite things: burritos + lying around. I stopped by Chipotle and walked up to the park to indulge. It's such a beautiful day! On my way up 5th Ave I'm bopping along dreaming about black beans when I hear a VERY familiar voice. Lo and behold, I am strolling behind none other than Joan Rivers. And she looked a lot like she does on TV:

SCARY.

But that voice was unmistakable. And the STI-LE-TTOS that this woman was rocking were unbelievable. You will not catch me dead in shoes like those when I'm in my seventies. She had on a pump of this variety:

They were very cute, but I kept waiting for her to fall and break a hip.

I made it to the park and am minding my business reading
The Art of Happiness when I look up and see a couple walking towards me. I'm in Central Park's famous grassy area called Sheep's Meadow so I found this particularly strange because on a Tuesday in the middle of the day, there weren't a ton of people at Sheep's Meadow. The next closest sun bather was at least 50 feet away. So to my surprise this man and woman set up camp 10 feet from me. Ummm....WTF? Of all the empty spots all throughout the area (and plenty of shade/no shade options, folks!), they had to pick the five square feet right next to me. Makes no sense at all. That reminds me of those people on the train that barely fit through the car door, but feel it necessary to squeeze their big butts in a seat not cut out for said butt. Ugh. So anyway they were only there about 10 minutes because I glanced up from my book and realized they were gone. Weirdos.

That's all for now.

4 souls spinning:

At 6:13 PM, September 12, 2006, Blogger Bridgette's Odyssey said...

I think of all the celebs to see, I would NOT want to see Ms Rivers. She scares me, kinda like Michael Jackson. They look crazy!

 
At 9:00 PM, September 12, 2006, Blogger Your Girl said...

I would definitely file this sighting in the "frightening" category. She did look crazy! Very puffy face...almost like she had taken so much away from her face with all of her surgeries that she had to have one to add some stuff back in. And it just came out puffy. Eck.

 
At 10:39 AM, September 13, 2006, Blogger me said...

eewww. joan sounds gross.

and really, why did those people have to invade your space? some people have no concept of personal space.

 
At 4:05 PM, September 21, 2006, Blogger inciquay said...

I always seem to be the person that gets her personal spaced encroached upon by strangers. I don't know if it's the smell of my cologne, the angry-Black-girl look on my face or what, but guaranteed if there's a patch of space by me someone will fill it! Subways are notorious--I could be the only passenger and some one will sit right next to me. *sigh* Good to know it's not just me ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home