Friday, August 25, 2006

Elmo is black!

I took a vacation day today and feel like watching Oprah is like WHAT YOU DO on a vacation day. I suppose the topic of the show must have been "dream jobs" or something like that because when I flipped to ABC she was interviewing the woman that runs Jimmy Choo. At the end of the fabulous shoe segment she welcomes Elmo from Sesame Street and out walks a black man! And his name is Kevin Clash (so soap opera-ish).


I was totally stunned. I could only half listen because I was on the phone with *honey* (or LC as I will refer to him from now on), but this straight-looking, normal-seeming tall, bald, black man is the voice of Elmo! Too crazy. LC took the words out of my mouth when he promptly said "I'm thinking of all the white housewives in Oregon who are staring at the TV screen disillusioned by the fact that their child has been watching a black puppet all this time." Someone somewhere (probably Oregon) fainted today because of the Oprah show. I'm sure of it. Maybe I'm behind the eight ball and everyone knows the story of the real Elmo, but for me it was a shockingly pleasant surprise. To learn more about Kevy-Kev
click here.

2 souls spinning:

At 6:25 PM, August 25, 2006, Blogger Bridgette's Odyssey said...

I just found this out recently and was just as shocked as you are.

 
At 10:27 AM, August 28, 2006, Blogger me said...

hey man...what's wrong with oregon?!

elmo is too cute! i love him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home