Wednesday, October 25, 2006

My BFF Joan

I wish I were talking about Joan from Girlfriends...I truly do love her. Isn't she spectacular?




I feel about her the way I think a lot of white women feel about Carrie from Sex and the City. It's like a girl-crush. She's not traditionally beautiful, but her aura is so magnetic. I want to be on that show! But I watched a new episode Monday night and I must say that without Toni, the vibe just isn't the same. Lynn isn't a strong enough character to carry an episode which is what she did in this latest episode. Needless to say I was not impressed. Hopefully things will get better...but regardless of how quickly the show's slippery slope tilts, I'm still a Joan fan for life.

But no, no, my friends, it's not Girlfriends Joan that is my BFF. Brace yourself...I had another run in with the other Joan - Joan Rivers - last night.

A guy here at the office who is a big Joan fan mentioned that he wanted to watch her stand-up act on Bravo because he wouldn't be at home when it aired. I volunteered that I could tape it (while simultaneously revealing that I had no Tuesday night plans and that I'm the only backwards individual in Manhattan that still owns a VCR).

Because the guy that requested the tape is a big dog around these parts, I didn't want to screw up the delicate dubbing process. So I suffered through an entire hour of Joan's ranting when I should have been diving nose first into the book I'm reading. (Prep. Pretty good. Check it out.)

Bottom line is, this woman is crazy. She hates old people. She hates kids. She hates ugly people. She wishes she had taught her daughter how to give blow jobs instead of how to be a smart independent woman because she could have been Monica Lewinsky and they would all be rich.

That poor old lady. She's just so strange. While her face looks as mangled as it did when I saw her in person a couple of weeks ago, her body is fairly taught and well-lipo'd for her age.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. I still haven't figured out why Joan R resurfaced in my life a second time, but let's hope there's no "third time's a charm" in my future.

2 souls spinning:

At 1:50 PM, October 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is strange that's she's come up twice so recently.
you must meditate on Joan!

 
At 2:36 PM, November 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. My mom can't even verbalize the word blow-job (although it's funny to watch her try through pursed lips) so she'd never make that kind of a crude joke. Poor Joan. It's true you must have some kind of transcendental kismet thing going on with her!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home