Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Icky, icky pink

I've been frantically washing my hands for the last five hours of my life. These are hours I cannot get back, people. The intern in my group at work announces to me today that she has pink eye. !!! I have to pinch myself to confirm that I'm not on the playground in kindergarten being snapped out of a dream that I thought was 21 years of life by a snotty-nosed schoolmate. I mean I must be in kindergarten because who the heck gets pink eye over the age of five???

I should have taken heed to the warning signs...Intern's been wearing her glasses all this week which I'd never seen before. Apparently it's because her goopy eye won't allow for a contact! Just kidding, it's not goopy, but still. She also explained that pink eye can live in your body for several weeks before the symptoms surface. So I could be a walking pink eye haver! GA-ROSS! Intern assured me that she'd been washing her hands often, using hand sanitizer and resisting the urge to reach up for the grody eyeball.

Ugh, I'm just so unsettled about this. I do not have time to have pink eye. After all, I'm the type that would actually STAY HOME if I had some sort of infectious disease. Is pink eye a disease? If not they should make it one. I'll be back. Gotta go wash my hands.

3 souls spinning:

At 10:22 AM, October 26, 2006, Blogger Miz JJ said...

Oh my stars. We had pink eye running our office as well. I threw out my contacts and am wearing glasses. I also wash my hands every hour on the hour. I recommend cleaning your phone and your keyboard. Can't be too careful. Ew.

 
At 11:44 AM, October 26, 2006, Blogger Your Girl said...

Do we work together? Hmmmm... ;-)

 
At 1:48 PM, October 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nast! i can not believe that intern had the nerve to come to work with pink eye!!
i notoriously get this infection...i have sensitive eyes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home