Thursday, November 30, 2006

Sofa Shopping

So my next big purchase for the new crib is a sofa. It took me a while to figure out what I want, but I'm pretty sure that I want a big, deep, comfy sofa that's nice looking, but still slouchy and casual. And I want to have a big chair with an ottoman.

So I did some couch sitting over the Thanksgiving holiday to see if anything looked really good to me. I saw a set at Thomasville Furniture that was calling my name. But once I get my custom fabric on it and get it shipped to NYC, I will be paying a pretty penny (like almost six grand for the whole kit and kaboodle).

I've decided that since I'm a big girl now with her own place that I need nice furniture. But six stacks worth may be too nice. So here are some sofas I've seen online that are calling my butt cheeks to come sit on them:

Restoration Hardware:


Problem with this one is that I think the back is too high to fit through my apartment door. And I'm not sure that it's quite slouchy enough.

Pottery Barn:

Mmmmmm....comfy. :-)

Thomasville:

Not to worry, I have taste. Their fabrics are custom.

I sat on this last one in the store and it is heavenly. But it's the expensive one, so we'll see.

Anyone have any couch advice? I was reading Martha Stewart's new Homekeeping Handbook (it's like a Bible) and she was telling me all kinds of things I need to look for. Like how the springs are mounted and if the parts are glued together or screwed in. Helpful stuff! Send any suggestions or ideas my way!

3 souls spinning:

At 11:08 AM, December 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know nothing a/b sofa's!
Isn't it fun to shop for grown up items?

 
At 12:09 PM, December 04, 2006, Blogger Your Girl said...

So much fun!!

 
At 6:23 PM, December 04, 2006, Blogger Bridgette's Odyssey said...

Now imagine that you live with your significant other and have to blend the taste of two people. That can be hard work.

I like the pics you sent though.

We have leather sofas and they're working out so far, even with kids in the picture.

Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home