Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I'm pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's only in e-mails that carry this much news that you should EVER use an over ambundance of exclamation points. Is the exclamation point losing meaning or something? Does it feel like it's losing ground on the question mark? With every passing day I get another e-mail from a reporter exclaming she's so thankful that I could get that image over to her!!!!! Is one exclamation not enough? I'm all about being friendly and enthusiastic. Heck, I use exclamation points, too. But five of them? About an image? You need to spice things up over there at XYZ magazine. And it's not just work...although I can tolerate it from friends because maybe they do miss me this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!much. I miss you, too.


(Still on the pill, kids)

3 souls spinning:

At 9:52 AM, August 10, 2006, Blogger me said...

what a headline, you trickster!

it's funny how people try to create tone in an email...

 
At 11:08 AM, August 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, I was like where in the world did that come from? See what headlines can do!!!!!

 
At 3:53 PM, August 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok so when i read this I was in a state of confusion... well sheer shock!!!!! Opps... were there four too many exclamation points???? I'm one of the ones who uses extra exclamation points AND question marks to give more emphasis. But you know the worst thing is when people use ALL CAPS IN WORK EMAILS!!!!! I mean really, not necessary unless you're the CEO who cut paychecks. The rest of us peons should refrain cause it could definitely be taken the wrong way like why are you SCREAMING!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home