Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Today was like, the best day of my life.

Over the past month or so, my success rate at work was slowing to a crawl and I was starting to worry. As a publicist, I'm only as good as my most recent media hit (e.g. the last time my client's name was in the paper or face was on TV). I couldn't get a producer or editor to talk about my clients to save my life. Well, that's not true. Local papers and TV will chat me up all day, but the big national outlets of the world were giving me the cold shoulder. It was getting really depressing and I was starting to question my skills.

After a wonderful weekend in Atlanta with my family, a pep talk from a very important someone and some major meditation, I started this week with a new outlook. On Monday I was (pleasantly) cracking the whip on my team...setting deadlines, making calls and being strategic about it. Something just felt different...I felt more focused.

Lo and behold, I booked my clients on the TODAY show, Good Morning America, Regis & Kelly and secured a story in Women's Wear Daily today. In fact, ALL OF THESE CALLS CAME POURING IN TO ME THIS MORNING. Craziness! By lunch I was on such a high I almost forgot to eat.

Just goes to show the power of the mind. It's beyond what we can comprehend...or at least what I can. I'm not a super new age chick, but I believe I willed this success. And life is so good as a result! It's funny how one thing affects so many other aspects of life.

Anyway, currently happy and loving it.

6 souls spinning:

At 9:46 AM, December 20, 2006, Blogger Brotha Buck said...

I've often wondered if I would benefit from having a publicist. Some of my author friends have them.

 
At 10:24 AM, December 20, 2006, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

When I go famous... I'mma need a publicist... Now we just have to find something that I can go famous about...lol

hanks for stopping by.

 
At 11:16 AM, December 20, 2006, Blogger Bridgette's Odyssey said...

Girl, can you book ME on the Today Show.....or how 'bout the Oprah Show.......well, maybe I should just be a guest so I can some of her favorite things. Oh well! Glad things are going well for you. Sorry I missed you when I came to NYC. I had to come while you were away because it was the only free weekend we had with someone to watch the kiddies.

BGibson

 
At 11:22 AM, December 20, 2006, Blogger me said...

That's awesome!
Go positive thinking!

 
At 1:48 PM, December 20, 2006, Blogger Jennifer G. said...

Way to go! I definitely believe in the power of postive thinking!

 
At 8:16 AM, December 21, 2006, Blogger Patty said...

Congrats! Success in the big city too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home