Monday, December 11, 2006

Coloring the palace

I painted my bathroom over the weekend and it is soooo cute. Those who know me well know that I painted it purple. It's a really dark majestic color and it works because my bathroom is fairly large and has a lot of white in it. Exhibit A:

This is from one side of the room. See how it works with all of the white tile that goes halfway up the wall? I took off the blue tape tonight and she really looks lovely. Here's a shot from the entrance:
And just for kicks, here's my beautiful sink that I love so much. It's so big and inviting!

My dad was here for a couple of days when I first moved in. He helped get my kitchen to a state of non-griminess and hooked me up with several necessary new home tools such as this gem:

I never knew I could love a step stool so much. For some reason I'm starting to feel like this apartment was constructed for someone about a foot taller than me. LC is going to love this place when he gets here. He'll have no problem reaching the super high storage in the kitchen or painting the top of the living room walls. *wink wink*

My new step stool helped me get the bathroom painting job done in no time. I've painted just about every apartment I've lived in and every time I paint I tell myself that I'm never doing it again. It's so much work and such a pain in the ass...but I always love the finished product so much more than plain jane white walls. But for some reason this time around I thoroughly enjoyed it. Maybe it was because I knew I would get satisfaction of a job well done a lot quicker than I ever will when I decide to tackle my has-too-much-wall-space living room. It makes me sweat just to think about painting that living room. But the bathroom was a breeze and quite enjoyable. I took my time and did it right...no splotches, no missed spots, no thin coats...I did it right this time.
I'm still on the hunt for a sofa even though I know I'm going to end up spending way too much money on that Thomasville goodness that I saw. AND I'm on the market for a flat screen. Thinking about this one, but that's a totally uneducated decision...I just think it's cute and reasonably priced: Although I did spend 30 minutes on cnet.com brushing up on the difference between plasma and LCD. I'm still torn...I feel myself leaning towards LCD, but plasma makes a good case. Will probably come down to which one is cute and which do I feel is worth my thousand buckaroos.
I'm having so much fun shopping and settling into the new place, but being a big girl is expensive. Hmph.

3 souls spinning:

At 2:26 PM, December 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful color

bridgette

 
At 11:11 AM, December 13, 2006, Blogger me said...

purple walls = quality

 
At 11:46 PM, January 28, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It;s beautiful. Can you tell me the name of the paint you used?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home