Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Subway Stalker

Two or three weeks ago I was minding my business waiting for the train to take me to work. The 4,5 comes speeding up to the stop and it's packed so everyone on the platform has to smoosh in, adjust bags, give dirty looks to the person who won't smoosh, etc. We are literally packed like sardines and there is someone pressed up against my front and a guy pressed up against my back.





So we're riding along trying not to breathe on each other and I feel something touching my butt. There are so many bags, jackets and bodies in the train car that I figured someone's purse was inappropriately groping me.

It wasn't until the train arrived at the first stop that I realized it was some dude's HAND. Disgusted, I shifted so that he wasn't plastered against my back...now he was more over my right shoulder. Dude proceeds to maneuver his hand (very subtly because I didn't notice the maneuver) so that it's on my butt again! Now let me clarify...it's not like he's palming my butt cheek. He's basically got the back of his fist on the lower part of my butt...kind of underneath the curve.

I cannot begin to describe my disgust. But for some reason I didn't say anything. When the doors swung open at the next stop, I bolted from the train feeling so creeped out. Since I have to cross the platform to take the 6 train to my final destination, I made a point to walk down a few doors so that I could be assured to be free of the perv.

So I get into another fairly crowded train, settle in, the doors close, turn to my right and HE'S RIGHT NEXT TO ME!!! So I make it a point to put as much space between us as I can. You will not believe his next move....He takes his hand and kind of suspends it in mid-air so that it's touching the side of my hip. It's like the back of his fist has a gravitational pull with my body! At this point I feel so violated that the doors open at the next stop (which is mine) and I tear up the stairs out of the train in a complete panic.

After venting to LC about the whole incident I felt a little better. (Especially after he told me that it was probably the jeans I was wearing that made me irresistible...aww, thanks, LC).

Fast forward to this past Monday. Again, cramming onto the 4,5 and CREEPY DUDE FINDS ME AGAIN AND HAS HIS HAND UNDER MY BUTT!!!!

Do not ask me why I didn't say (or scream) something like "GET YOUR HAND OFF MY ASS YOU SICK F**K" but I didn't. By the time I recovered from the shock that he had found me again and had attached himself to my ass, it was time to get off the train.

I mean, what are the chances? Maybe he trolls around the subway in the morning looking for women to feel-up hoping that one, just one, might realize he's groping them, turn around and look up with a smile and then they'll go back to his dirty apartment and he can have his way with them. I don't know.


But what I do know is I'm probably the most action he's had in five years. Any ideas for how I react to "Your Girl Gets Groped" episode three?

8 souls spinning:

At 5:39 PM, December 06, 2006, Blogger Bridgette's Odyssey said...

I'm trying to think of an appropriate reaction. Here's a few choices:
1) Grab/Knee his balls until he falls on the floor writhing in pain
2) Scream the phrase quoted in your blog.
3) Squeeze between a group of other people so he can't reach you
4) Continue to not react and hope he doesn't move beyond the groping he is already accustomed to.

Bridgette

 
At 9:14 PM, December 06, 2006, Blogger Jennifer G. said...

Ewwww.....you should have at least shot him a REALLY dirty look.

 
At 7:31 AM, December 11, 2006, Blogger Tenacious said...

Politely get in front of him and "fist" punch him in the nuts...Gets them every time

He'll leave your ass alone then LOL

Ah you gotta love the train gropers don't you? Only I'm crazy, I'll flip out on the train and embarrass his ass, like "STOP TOUCHING MY ASS YOU PERVERT I'M 15!"

 
At 1:51 PM, December 12, 2006, Blogger Your Girl said...

All excellent suggestions. I almost want to see him again just so I can do a combo dirty look-knee/grab/punch balls-embarass him verbally.

 
At 4:02 PM, December 12, 2006, Blogger Coco LaRue said...

That's really messed up. It happens really often. You'd think as many cops as there are on the subways, you'd think that criminals would be less bold.

(I agree with giving the dirty look-knee in the groin combo.)

 
At 6:26 PM, December 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ould say something really loud to embarrass te shit out of him. I don't take to well to psychos. And I keep a weapon... just in case...

 
At 11:15 AM, December 13, 2006, Blogger me said...

What a creeper!!
Publically call him out if it happens again and don't be afraid to defend yourself physically if need be.
That's messed up!

 
At 9:55 AM, November 09, 2008, Blogger mista ecks said...

He's lucky this didn't happen in Detroit. Here the sistas don't play that ish! If he was lucky he would have been met either with the business end of a knife or box cutter, or the right sista would have shot his nasty ass.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home