Thursday, December 21, 2006

Kinda slow today, so let's talk about Christmas plans.

So now I'm thinking that since I've had so much success this week, I can just kick back and do nothing. Probably not the attitude to have, but with half my team gone and my boss MIA, concentrating is challenging.

Sooooo what can we do to procrastinate. Anyone tried this out? http://www.stationerymovies.com/ Basically a scene from a movie has been created using office supplies. Since I see about one movie a year, I could only figure out six. You?

I leave tomorrow for St. Louis where I'll visit my grandparents for the holidays. Typically, I spend Christmas in Atlanta with my parents, but since the grands are getting older, I suggested we make the trek to the homeland this year. As much as I'm looking forward to seeing my wonderful grandparents, I'm really not jazzed about packing gifts in a suitcase and having to lug gifts back home. Kinda sucks. And of course I'm not going to make the time or find the money to ship things to people. All gifts are fun-sized for my packing pleasure.

I guess that since I'm living in New York, this whole traveling by air for Christmas thing is something I'm going to have to get used to. Maybe next year I can get some folks to converge upon Brooklyn. That could be fun...but could present its own set of challenges. Like I'm not going to want to clean up after a bunch of people or be the one responsible for meals, house decoration, etc. Gosh, I sound like a big ole Grinch. I'm really not, I'm just lazy when it comes to Christmas.

Christmas equals laying around doing nothing for hours on end. Nothing except playing with gifts and eating food someone else prepared. I guess now that I have the grown-up apartment I have to start doing grown-up things like not being lazy and having people over for formal gatherings. Actually, if I really do it right, it could be a lot fun. And by that time the a-p-t will be in fine form with decorations, paint in every room and real live furniture.

Check in next week for the Christmas weekend recap. With all the Your Girl kin in the house, I'm sure I'll have lots of fun stories...

0 souls spinning:

Post a Comment

<< Home